Everyone entering or carrying out work within a Ports of Stockholm port area is obliged to comply with the rules and statutes for the prevention of terrorism and sabotage and the safety regulations for the prevention of accidents.
Four basic rules in case of accident:
- Save lives
- Call 112
- Extinguish fires /take action
- Notify the Port and Traffic Control (BTC), tel.: +46 8-670 28 10
- Walking is only permitted within the port area if this is essential for performing the work task.
- The maximum speed is 30 km/hr, or less if stated.
- External traffic must use marked lanes or main thoroughfares to reach allocated positions.
- Port facility vehicles must be equipped with rotating warning lights or warning indicators.
- Drive only within marked lanes – no overtaking allowed – no shortcuts!
- Observe regular traffic regulations but give way to particularly heavy duty traffic, such as tug-masters and terminal tractors.
- There are areas designated for the standing and parking of vehicles.
- Motorised vehicles may not be driven or parked within flammable risk classification zones at oil ports without first obtaining specific permission. Fuel-driven vehicle heaters are not permitted and electric engine heaters must be of an approved type.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking
Ports of Stockholm is a zero-tolerance to drugs and alcohol workplace. You are not permitted to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs in areas where port operations are ongoing.
Smoking, the use of naked flames, devices that can generate sparks and other equipment that can start a fire are forbidden within the energy port Loudden, as well as in other areas where hazardous goods are transported, handled or stored. This also applies inside vehicles. Port premises and terminal buildings are no-smoking areas.
Always wear high visibility clothing in areas where port operations are ongoing. Safety hats must always be worn in areas where there is hanging cargo or where there is a risk of falling objects. Suitable clothing and approved safety equipment that complies with current working environment regulations otherwise applies.
Lifejackets must always be worn when working at quays and piers. Mobile telephones and radio communication devices must be explosion-safe in certain instances at oil ports where flammable and explosive gases may be present.
Damage and deviations
Damage to your own or to another’s property must always be reported to the Port and Traffic Control before you leave the port. Mishaps and suspected environmental or safety deviations must also be reported to the Port and Traffic Control immediately.
Hot work must always be approved by the permit issuing department at Ports of Stockholm. Special laws and regulations apply for hot work and the use of naked flames etc. at the energy port Loudden. Permit approval and work approval must be obtained from Ports of Stockholm before the work is initiated.
Ports of Stockholm is ISO 14001 environmentally certified and works for continuous improvement.
The environmental requirements established by Ports of Stockholm, for example for chemicals and waste during the procurement of projects/work, must be complied with. An environmental plan detailing how the established environmental requirements will be met must be prepared for contracted work. Those involved must be aware of, and comply with, the details of the environmental plan.
What more can you do?
- Switch off your engine every time you stop.
- Always carry absorbents if there is any risk of oil/chemicals leakage.
- Notify the Port and Traffic Control or your contact person if any spillage occurs. Major leakage/environmental accidents must be immediately reported to the Port and Traffic Control.