Stockholm Norvik Port:
- Will be adapted for both the handling of containers and rolling goods.
- Is located approximately 50 kilometres south of Stockholm and a couple of kilometres north of Nynäshamn.
- Has the Nynas AB refinery and the AGA LNG terminal as neighbours.
- Will have a maximum water depth of 16.5 metres. This will enable calls by the largest vessels in the Baltic Sea.
- Will have efficient connections to both road and railway.
- Will, when the port is completed, cover 44 hectares.
- Will be able to handle around 500,000 containers and a flow of 200,000 rolling goods vehicles annually.
- Container operations will be run by Hutchison Ports, one of the world's biggest terminal operators.
- The construction starts September 16, 2016. Ports of Stockholm will be able to welcome the first vessels to the port approximately three years after construction begins.