Facts about the expansion of the Port of Kapellskär
- Construction duration: beginning in autumn 2013, with completion in 2016
- Expansion area: around 80 000 m2
- The new total port area will be 200 000 m2
- The new port will have five ferry berths, with utility provision capabilities and a deeper harbour basin.
- The approach lanes to the port will become safer.
- The Swedish Maritime Administration will have a new pilot harbour.
- Ferry services will operate throughout the construction period.